Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Replacing your Imac hard drive

Hi, recently I had to replace my hard drive on my imac. The computer was having trouble starting up from the sleep mode. And clicking noises were also taking place. I wasn't sure, but thought this to be the most likely culprit.
Anyway it was a success and now I have breathed life into my older imac. Here's how I did it.
First, I did some googling and youtube searches to find out how to go about it. I found some videos and website photos on how it's done.
You will need some basic tools. Hex 6, 9, 10. A flat head and a phillips screw drivers. A towel to lay your imac screen on. A table or bed.
Imac is a 17 inch core 2 duo. White version. But if yours is different, you can google and youtube your specific imac or even mac mini. Jon L
replace internal hard drive photos
Next is youtube videos: for more specific search-put in your own phrase:
Youtube
Here's another site suggested for info: Applefritter
Applefritter
I'll add more when I can......

No comments: